Monday, January 23, 2006

Week End

With the unusually warm weather I was able to get a lot done over the weekend.

Saturday I got the big pile of wood chips spread out, played wiffleball, fixed an electrical plug that wasn't working in our bedroom and took the kids to a bird presentation. We saw a Red tailed hawk, a peregrine falcon, turkey vulture and a great horned owl. Julia was so impressed she wants to go bird watching now and keep a bird list. That night I went to the CTFisherman banquet. Had a blast there. I have a lot of friends there, and I made some new ones.

Sunday I hung curtain rods in my bedroom and in the office. Then I fixed the deer fencing that had blown down, in the storm earlier in the week then dug up some pricker bushes. Played more wiffleball, then cut down the trees that had half fallen in the storm earlier in the week. Our local animal shelter has a beagle up for adoption. My wife and daughter went to look at him. They liked him, so then I had to go look at him. He is very fat, but seems to be a good dog. We will take him to the vet and make sure everything is okay before we take him. I hope he gets along with our other beagle. I don't think it will be a problem since Bailey loves other dogs.

No comments: