Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Conte drawing...take two

After a miserable first attempt, I turned the paper over and started fresh. Yesterday I plowed in with reckless abandon with the conte crayons. This time I took it slow. drawing ovals has always been difficult for me, so of course that is what I choose to do for my second attempt with the conte crayons. I had a fleeting thought. I have been working so much from reference photos maybe I lost my touch with life drawing. It is much easier (for me anyway) to work from a photo. Time to get out the old sketch book and start drawing from life again.

I didn't finish the drawing last night but here is a photo of my set up and progress. The white in the drawing stands out much more in the photo than live. I think the flash had something to do with that.

No comments: