Monday, July 26, 2010

Charcoaled Series Six

My next step in the Series Six series was charcoal. I was having a tough time visualizing what the addition of charcoal would look like. Then I started having second thoughts and was about to scrap the whole idea. But I stuck to my guns and charged ahead with the charcoal. Well I am glad I did. I loved the results. Next...acrylics.

Whoa, after I posted this I notice the paintings were set up exactly like the previous photo before the charcoal. Way creepy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great series! Can't wait for your next :).

Stay inspired!
Michelle
Brain Angles - Invisible Ink

Eraethil said...

Looking great so far Randy! Will you be fixing the charcoal or allowing it to smudge and run under the acrylic?

Looking forward to the next stage of this WIP!

Randy said...

Thanks Michelle and Rick.

I did fix the charcoal with workable fixative. But I guess I didn't do avery good job as the acrlyics are mixing with the charcoal. It gives the color a muddy look so I am going to try fixing again.