Monday, July 05, 2010

Series Six

Ink, watercolor ad acrylic is not enough medium anymore so I am adding charcoal to the mix. I just can't let well enough alone. I'm not sure how it will all work, but I am willing to give it a shot. So here is my new series, Series Six. (a clever title derived from the six pieces that I am doing) These are on 11" x 14" canvas board. I glued down news paper to the boards. I did the sketches in charcoal because I couldn't see the pencil sketch on the news paper.

5 comments:

Whalehead King said...

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

So, are you planning on watercolour and inking them too? I'd say an acrylic wash would have a better chance over newsprint. Have fun!

Stay inspired!
Michelle

Randy Carboni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy Carboni said...

I don't want to rest on my laurels either.

Michelle, you are correct about the watercolor on newsprint. I have done this before, just not with the charcoal. I like the way the watercolor stains the paper, but the acrylics will steal the show.

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Randy, I'm standing by, waiting to see what interesting things you do with Series Six! Coolness.