Monday, July 05, 2010

Series Six

Ink, watercolor ad acrylic is not enough medium anymore so I am adding charcoal to the mix. I just can't let well enough alone. I'm not sure how it will all work, but I am willing to give it a shot. So here is my new series, Series Six. (a clever title derived from the six pieces that I am doing) These are on 11" x 14" canvas board. I glued down news paper to the boards. I did the sketches in charcoal because I couldn't see the pencil sketch on the news paper.

5 comments:

La Belle Esplanade said...

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Anonymous said...

So, are you planning on watercolour and inking them too? I'd say an acrylic wash would have a better chance over newsprint. Have fun!

Stay inspired!
Michelle

Randy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randy said...

I don't want to rest on my laurels either.

Michelle, you are correct about the watercolor on newsprint. I have done this before, just not with the charcoal. I like the way the watercolor stains the paper, but the acrylics will steal the show.

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy, I'm standing by, waiting to see what interesting things you do with Series Six! Coolness.