Sunday, November 26, 2006

Candles part 1

It has been a while. I have not been been creating art in a long time now. I have been getting together with a friend who plays drums, so I have been practicing guitar lately.

Anyway, back to art. I have been wanting to try my hands at acrylic painting. I picked a simple subject, two candles, and went to town. I used canvas paper.

I painted like a deamon. Very intense. I thought I spent about two hours working, but when I looked at the clock it was only half an hour. I didn't like the canvas paper very much. I also didn't like the painting.

The next day I took another look and saw some merit in the painting. Started to think about changes I want to make. Then thought, I never have painted with acrylics before. I have not painted in a number of years. I only painted for a half an hour. What was I expecting?

So, I am going to make some changes to this painting and learn. I am going to try a couple of glazes over the blue to tone it down. Then I'll bring up the orange in the candles.

No comments: