Thursday, November 30, 2006

View Finder

I read an article about the use of a view finder when creating art out side. It helps you focus in on a composition. Being cheap I decided to make my own from left over cardboard. I love it. I use it too for still lifes. It helps me arrange a set up. To take it a step further, on difficult set ups like the one I am working on now, I tape some pieces of thread across it to make a grid. I then make the same grid on the painting surface and it make my life a lot easier.

I got the idea from Van Gogh who had a carpenter make a large frame on a tripod. In the frame he had a series of wires to make a grid.

Here is a picture of my view finder and my improved start for my painting.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon many have machines which not insuranced,
you have a unique opportunity only today to receive insurance the machine free of charge
auto insurance
auto insurance
cars insurance
cars insurance
texas car insurance
texas car insurance
car insurance quotes
car insurance quotes
car insurance policy
car insurance policy
xanax
phentermine
buy tramadol