Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lime 08

This is my first 1/2 sheet watercolor. I thought the size would intimidate me a little, but, no problem. I started with the inking part. Then later at night, around ten pm, I started adding color. I was having a bad time of it and not liking my results. But I didn't want to give up so I kept at it. Then it started coming together. But then I was running out of time.

For some reason I have it in my head I have to finish the piece by midnight to consider it finished that day. I was dripping the water color on heavy and trying to dry it quickly with a hair dry to add the next layer. It was 11:30 and it didn't look good Layer, dryer, layer, dryer, layer....midnight. Rats! Oh well, it doesn't count if I didn't go to bed yet. I finally finished at 12:45.

The white is acrylic paint.


No comments: