Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lime 10

For this one I used a sponge to apply the paint. First problem was the sponge being too wet. The colors kept washing out. Then when I would overlap the wet sponge took up the color underneath. So I wrapped the sponge in a paper towel to dry it off and had much better results. This technique also uses a lot of paint. The sponge soaked that stuff up like there was no tomorrow.

I used a 1/2 sheet arches cold pressed. I went big to give me some work room with the sponge. I figured it wouldn't lend itself to small areas and detail.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had to catch up on your lime series; they're great! It's hard to say which is my favorite but I like how you're exploring different approaches. I like the softness your sponge-work creates. Interesting color choices.

Randy said...

Thanks Peggy. It gets boring using the same colors everyday, so I am forced into some interesting choices.