Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sepia Pencil

I started the new drawing with the sepia pencil. Right off the bat I didn't like the feel of it. It has a raspy/scraping feel to it that I don't like. Other than that I am happy with the piece so far.

I wanted an over head view of the fish I am drawing so I have set up on an easel and have to stand while I was drawing. My legs got pretty tired after and hour or so. I took a walk and then came back to work a little more. This piece will be a little slow going. Here is a pict of my set up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to see you try new drawing mediums. I haven't tried a sepia pencil, but the way you described it's feel on paper sounds similar to pastel pencils. I don't like them for the same reason, but I like the results.

Randy said...

Thanks Stoy. I love trying new mediums. It stimulates me as an artist.

I think the sepia pencil I bought is a pastel pencil or a close facsimile. The brand is prismacolor.